Get A Testosterone Class Action Lawyer
What Is Testosterone Lawyer Helpline?
We are a nationwide network of lawyers helping men injured by Testosterone – Low T Therapy Replacement Therapy
Testosterone Lawsuit Update
In September an FDA medical committee will meet to discuss the adverse cardiovascular complications of testosterone – Low T Therapy products that are currently on the market or expected to be placed on the market. This joint meeting will be of the bone, reproductive and urologic drugs advisory committee and the drug safety and risk management advisory committee. In June, the FDA announced that all testosterone products on the market should include a general warning about the risk of blood clots on their labels. Testosterone treatments have been approved for use by men who have diagnosed low levels of testosterone. Testosterone has been advertised for men ti use for other then a confirmed diagnosis of low testosterone levels.
Some of the products and manufacturers include: AbbVie Inc’s AndroGel, Endo International Plc’s Aveed and Trimel Pharmaceuticals Corp’s Natesto.
Androgel Testosterone Lawsuit News Update
Hearings will begin in the Testosterone Bellwether trials with Androgel as the first testosterone drug. This will include testosterone lawsuit complications such as blood clots and heart attacks. Twelve “bellwether” cases will be tried starting late next year. Testosterone lawsuits have increased from under 2,000 in August to 2,744. AbbVie’s AndroGel is facing claims from thousands of men alleging adverse events such as heart attacks.
All testosterone claims having been filed against the seven makers of testosterone products are consolidated under U.S. District Court Judge Matthew Kennelly in Chicago. The court chose testosterone maker AbbVie as the subject of the first trials. The first six bellwether trials will involve men alleging “thromboembolic” injuries such as blood clots, and the second six heart attacks or strokes they believe are linked to AndroGel use.
What Are The Injuries And Complications Testosterone Lawyers Are Filing Lawsuits For?
CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE
DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS
The FDA is investigating the relationship between testosterone and cardiovascular injury
Studies are showing that there is an increased risk of cardiac injury and cardiac related death in men over the age of 65 on testosterone replacement medications. There is also a risk to younger men with a history of cardiac problems, a genetic link or family history of heart conditions.
Testosterone and Low-T Drugs Under Investigation Include:
- AndroGel – Manufactured by AbbVie
- AndroDerm – Manufactured by Actavis
- Axiron – Manufactured by Eli Lilly and Company
- Bio-T-Gel Bio Sante Pharmaceuticals and Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Fortesta – Manufactured by Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Striant – Manufactured by Columbia Laboratories
- Testim – Manufactured by Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
- Dep-Testosterone Pfizer
- Testopel – Manufactured by Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
- Delatestryl – Manufactured by Indevus Pharmaceuticals
- Depo-Testosterone – Manufactured by Pharmacia & Upjohn Company
Get A Low T Therapy Lawyer Today
Testosterone lawyer Network is more then just lawyers we are managed by a medical social worker with over 20 years experience in both medical counseling and working with attorneys. Our lawyers are experienced drug and device attorneys concerned about victims of testosterone therapy and manufacturers who choose profits over you.
Testosterone Is a Multi Million Dollar Industry
Testosterone therapy has become a $1.6 billion annual market for AbbVie, Eli Lilly and other pharmaceutical companies, with over 5 million prescriptions for skin patches, injections, and topical gels in 2013. Testosterone medications such as AndroGel from Abbott Laboratories and Axiron from Eli Lilly are big sellers.
Older men are seeking the promised advertised results of testosterone therapy like more muscle mass, increased libido, weight loss, energy and staying and looking younger. The FDA has approved testosterone for low T related medical conditions only.
The JAMA has reported on a study that found about one quarter of men who have received prescriptions for testosterone therapy did so without having blood tests to check testosterone levels.
- Testosterone Therapy Has Been Linked to Increased Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke & Death
- The FDA is investigating the risk of heart attack, stroke and even death in men taking testosterone. There have been two separate medical studies that have suggested there is an increased risk of cardiovascular events among groups of men prescribed testosterone therapy. A study published in the journal PLOS ONE reported that within a 90 day period of taking this hormone your risk can more than double for a heart attack if you are over 65 nearly triple if you are younger with known heart disease. A November, 2013 study published in Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reported a 30 percent rise for stroke, heart attack, and death in men age 60 or older.
- The FDA approved testosterone therapy treatments like the transdermal patch, topical gel, buccal system, and injection for medically diagnosed conditions of low testosterone only. This is a medical condition called Hypogonadism. According to medical documentation, the normal range of testosterone levels in healthy men is approximately 300 to 1,000 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL).
- One of the main drivers of this major testosterone market is the increasing aging population. The number of men suffering from testosterone deficiency is increasing due to its relatively high prevalence in our older population.
- In older men, low testosterone can result in low muscle strength, high adiposity, insulin resistance and poor cognitive performance and concentration. Older men of today are not the same as your great grandparents. They are sexually active, exercise, have personal trainers and live an active lifestyle. They care about their physical appearance. Testosterone therapy is very appealing due to the advertised benefits.
- A motion was filed on March 28 to consolidate all the U.S. AndroGel lawsuits. These all involve allegations that Androgel causes blood clots, heart attacks, stroke, and other cardiac events.
- A doctor should determine if you have low testosterone by checking your blood levels. If you are diagnosed with hypogonadism your doctor may prescribe testosterone in the form of a gel, patch, injection or pellet. This diagnosis of low testosterone is the only approved FDA use for testosterone replacement therapy.
There Are Some Very Dangerous Testosterone Therapy Side Effects
If you or a loved one has had a cardiac related episode or has been diagnosed with a heart condition after taking a testosterone product we want to hear from you. Call the Testosterone Helpline today.
Email a medical social Lisa@usaattorneynetwork.net